What are the current planned Harmony Master Homeowners Association amenities (Open to Harmony HOA members only)?
- The Commons Welcome Center is the smaller building that will house Association offices. It’s located to the left of The Commons Clubhouse.
- The Commons Pool facility is located behind the Commons Welcome Center. It is for resident use only and includes a splash pad, pool with lap lanes, slide, and changing rooms.
- The Dog Park is located to the right of The Commons Clubhouse. It is for resident use only and has two sections: one side for small dogs, and one for larger dogs.
- The Commons Clubhouse, the largest building, will house future amenities such as our fitness center, aerobics rooms, kitchen, and additional offices.
What are the current planned Powhaton Metro District No. 2 amenities (Open to the public.)?
- The 6.5-acre park (currently unnamed) that’s located west of The Commons, includes the playground, basketball court, volleyball court, pavilions, and a large event/sports lawn.
- The trail system has 4 major trails providing connectivity throughout the community.
What is the timeline for opening the amenities?
- Harmony Master Homeowners Association Amenities
- The Commons Welcome Center – Though construction is nearly completed, the opening date is undetermined based on the current COVID-19 situation.
- The Commons Pool – Construction on the pool is nearly completed but the opening has to be delayed to summer 2021, due to the current COVID-19 situation.
- Dog Park – Again, our construction is about to be finished, but our opening date remains undetermined based on the current COVID-19 situation.
- The Commons Clubhouse – This is scheduled to open in a future phase of the project—when the community reaches around 500 homes sold and closed. Potentially late 2021/2022.
- Powhaton Metro District No. 2 Amenities
- 6.5-Acre Park (currently unnamed) – Now open.
- Trail system – Now open.
Why are the planned Association amenities not opening this summer?
The Board decided that The Commons will not be opening this summer to ensure the health and financial safety of residents and protect the Association from COVID related litigation.
- Construction and furnishing of the amenities were delayed due to State’s Stay At Home Order amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Despite the project appearing complete, there are still several processes occurring for the developer and Association to receive a Certificate of Occupancy from the City of Aurora.
- Upon discussing with the Board’s management and legal team, the Board determined that there was a significant financial risk that would directly impact resident assessments should a COVID-19 claim be made against the Association.
- Due to the COVID related safety concerns of staff and residents and the significant financial risk to the Association, the Board made the difficult decision not to open for the remainder of the pool season which would have ended Labor Day.
When will The Commons Clubhouse open?
The Commons Clubhouse was always scheduled to open when the community reaches around 500 homes sold and closed. Current projections predict this to be late 2021/2022, but this can change.
Will homeowners receive a reimbursement on their assessments since the amenities are not opening?
There is no plan to reimburse assessments. We are headed into budget season and the Board of Directors will be evaluating all 2020 financial information for the rest of the fiscal year and then will prepare the 2021 budget before making any decisions on assessments.
We understand the disappointment that you feel at this time. We want you to know we were really excited to open these amenities, and disappointed as well. We are currently working on programming and events for the remainder of the year that will provide connection opportunities while promoting physical distancing. Our number one priority is keeping our residents safe.
If you have additional questions or concerns that you would like passed on to the Board of Directors regarding this matter, reach out to Community Manager, Rob Carter at email@example.com.
The best way to stay in the loop regarding community updates and news is via the Harmony Happenings E-blast. If you or someone else in your household would like to be added, email Lifestyle Director, Eden McKee at firstname.lastname@example.org.